Barinco International is a proud partner of Customs and its Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism.
Barinco recognizes the importance of protecting our supply chain at every step of the process. Barinco must address a broad range of security topics and present security profiles that list action plans to align security throughout the supply chain to be certified on an annual basis. We perform a yearly audit of our practices and take pride in our certification.
More information on CTPAT:
The Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) is a United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) voluntary program that seeks to protect international supply chains and strengthen boarder security by establishing partnerships with companies within the global trade industry. These companies include U.S. importers, U.S. exporters, customs brokers, certain foreign manufacturers, carriers and terminal operators.
CTPAT members are considered low risk and are therefore less likely to be examined at a U.S. port of entry.
The Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website lists these CTPAT benefits:
- Reduced number of CBP examinations
- Front of the line inspections
- Possible exemption from Stratified Exams
- Shorter wait times at the border
- Assignment of a Supply Chain Security Specialist to the company
- Access to the Free and Secure Trade (FAST) Lanes at the land borders
- Access to the CTPAT web-based Portal system and a library of training materials
- Possibility of enjoying additional benefits by being recognized as a trusted trade Partner by foreign Customs administrations that have signed Mutual Recognition with the United States
- Eligibility for other U.S. Government pilot programs, such as the Food and Drug Administration’s Secure Supply Chain program
- Business resumption priority following a natural disaster or terrorist attack
- Importer eligibility to participate in the Importer Self-Assessment Program (ISA)
- Priority consideration at CBP’s industry-focused Centers of Excellence and Expertise